To coordinate and review all accounting functions and financial statements in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the integrity of general ledger.
- Coordinates the completion of the balance sheet account analysis.
- Reviews cost center and chart of account structures. Makes recommendations as to cost center/account structure that will identify the nature of expenses to their proper area: assists in controlling annual expenditures and streamlines the data processing support required during month-end.
- Prepares, verifies and controls the entering of journal entries to the general ledger.
- Evaluates subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enters corrected data into the general ledger. Performs all tasks associated with the general ledger.
- Reviews monthly balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements.
- Coordinates monthly closing and production of financial statements to guarantee timely reporting.
- Reviews, redesign, and enhances the on-line financial statements to ensure that the information reported properly reflects the company’s financial position.
- Assists in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures.
- Reconciles daily cash flow statements and reconciles to monthly bank statements. Provides weekly audit of checks held.
- Reconciles payroll and cash disbursements accounts.
- Reviews accounts payable aging and vendor statements for problems
- Reviews and documents present accounting practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting.
Must have computer knowledge, spreadsheets/word processor. Will be detail oriented with organizational skills, accounts payable/accounts receivable knowledge a plus.
The Compliance Manager establishes, reviews and oversees implementation of internal controls, as well as tax and tip reporting controls, to ensure compliance with Tribal, Federal and State regulations, to ensure the protection of all assets and to ensure the integrity of the casino and casino games/gaming devices. The Compliance Manager prepares regulatory reports as required by Tribal, Federal, State or other governing agencies.
Establishes regulatory compliance programs for Tribal, Federal and State agency programs to include: Department of Treasury Bank Secrecy Act (Title 31), IRS Form 1099, IRS Form W-2G and other programs as may be required. Perform Quarterly compliance audits as required by Tribal, regulatory and Corp management.
- Develops and conducts regulatory compliance training programs for all applicable Ohkay Casino personnel.
- Reviews compliance and discrepancy reports, Title 31 documentation, statistical reports and a variety of data/documentation generated through daily casino operations to verify accuracy and compliance with established regulatory compliance programs.
- Investigates instances of non-compliance and ensures that corrective actions are performed to facilitate compliance. Performs follow-up investigations to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Prepares and files reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Ensures sensitive/non-sensitive keys are secured and ensures compliance with all key control standards.
- Examines key authorization, signatory authorization and key control logs and reports discrepancies.
- Must be professional and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must have High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to five years casino experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Windows mandatory. Ability to comprehend regulatory and reporting standards and requirements. Ability to develop updated programs/training programs to comply with changing regulatory requirements. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Able to perform quality work under pressure.
Responsible for preparation of individual financial reports for corporation in various industries to include Construction, Custodial Services, Property Management and Retail Division.
- Knowledge of clerical bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data and to make arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to prepare routine and proceduralized financial reports and records.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
Two (2) year degree in accounting, at least three (3) years experience as an Assistant Controller or full-charge bookkeeper, experience with accounting software, spreadsheets and has training/supervisory experience. Also experience with Microsoft Business Solutions a plus.
Strong leadership skills, well organized, performs duties timely and accurately, strives for good working relationships and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.