To coordinate and review all accounting functions and financial statements in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the integrity of general ledger.
- Coordinates the completion of the balance sheet account analysis.
- Reviews cost center and chart of account structures. Makes recommendations as to cost center/account structure that will identify the nature of expenses to their proper area: assists in controlling annual expenditures and streamlines the data processing support required during month-end.
- Prepares, verifies and controls the entering of journal entries to the general ledger.
- Evaluates subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enters corrected data into the general ledger. Performs all tasks associated with the general ledger.
- Reviews monthly balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements.
- Coordinates monthly closing and production of financial statements to guarantee timely reporting.
- Reviews, redesign, and enhances the on-line financial statements to ensure that the information reported properly reflects the company’s financial position.
- Assists in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures.
- Reconciles daily cash flow statements and reconciles to monthly bank statements. Provides weekly audit of checks held.
- Reconciles payroll and cash disbursements accounts.
- Reviews accounts payable aging and vendor statements for problems
- Reviews and documents present accounting practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting.
Must have computer knowledge, spreadsheets/word processor. Will be detail oriented with organizational skills, accounts payable/accounts receivable knowledge a plus.