Ohkay Casino Career Opportunities
The IT Analyst provides end-user support and troubleshooting for TSAY Corporation and Ohkay Casino and Hotel personnel. This person is responsible for the day to day maintenance and administration of the local area network hardware, as well as Microsoft Technology, E-mail and firewall administration. This person will work with the Director of IT on the implementation of new technologies. He/she will also play a role in coordinating field installations and upgrade initiatives. This would include assisting the Director of IT in facilitating field activities such as upgrading systems with the latest versions of software, the rollout of new hardware and field training. Responsible for basic hardware and software maintenance of all PC’s on a network environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain and Set-up of Network Architecture
- Maintain all aspects of the organization networks (including maintaining security, install software and updates, troubleshooting networking/server problems, troubleshooting hardware/software problems, ensure proper backups are maintained, etc.)
- Perform routine repairs and updates.
- Maintain all aspects of computers, including hardware and software.
- Provide end-user services and assist in maintaining the user help desk.
- Database updates
- Document current status of the network and of daily incidents.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory on the networks.
- Maintain software licensing.
- Interact with end users on a daily basis.
- Provide classroom as well as individual training to all users.
- Other duties as assigned.
Individual must be able to work under pressure and must be flexible to work various hours, which includes working odd and irregular hours, night and weekend schedules. Must have and maintain valid state-issued operator driver’s license. Must have the ability travel and participate in training as recommended or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences, computer information systems or a related field. Four years of systems analysis or systems software experience or equivalent. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 years network experience required, including TCP/IP, mail gateways and firewalls
- Microsoft Exchange server experience required.
- Minimum 3 years Microsoft experience required, MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) preferred.
- Web server design and creation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Active Directory. Demonstrated experience troubleshooting IT issues or outages including applications, Windows servers, and Cisco network equipment in both a LAN and WAN environment. Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting IT issues or outages including applications, Windows servers, and Cisco network equipment in both a LAN and WAN environment. Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards.
- Demonstrated understanding and technical knowledge of Cisco Network Equipment, Windows Server operating systems and Windows servers, in an enterprise-wide environment
Experience in hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems, including:
- Acres (IGT) Slot Management Systems
- Windows Server 2008 – 2012
- MS Exchange Server 2007 or 2010 (optional)
- Cisco Networking,
- Micros POS and Micros PMS (Opera)
- Hotel Smart Hospitality System
- Xstream Solutions (Digital Advertising)
- Great Plains Accounting System including Frx
The Compliance Manager ensures compliance with Federal, State and Tribal Gaming Regulations and ordinances as well as compliance with gaming internal controls and policies and procedures as defined by Tsay Corporation. This individual also ensures follow-up on any documentation, correspondence, corrective and/or disciplinary action on formal violations of any of the above with the appropriate Management personnel. The Compliance Manager will establish, review and oversee the implementation of internal controls, as well as tax and tip reporting controls, to ensure compliance with Tribal, Federal and State regulations. The Compliance Manager will also ensure the protection of assets covered by the regulations and to ensure the integrity of the casino and casino games/gaming devices. The Compliance Manager prepares regulatory reports as required by Tribal, Federal, State or other governing agencies. Performs or coordinates all assigned Special Projects.
- Establishes regulatory compliance programs for Tribal, Federal and State agency programs to include: Department of Treasury Bank Secrecy Act (Title 31), IRS Form 1099, IRS Form W-2G and other programs as may be required.
- Maintains and performs semi-annual compliance testing; submits results and discusses corrective action to the Casino Management, CFO and Human Resources Manager/Director.
- Maintains a constant and professional interaction and communication with all casino department heads and personnel regarding compliance and corrective action for non-compliance of Federal, State and Tribal Gaming Regulations as well as casino internal controls and associated policy and procedures.
- Perform annual compliance audits as required by Tribal, regulatory and Corp management.
- Perform random audits as required by Tsay Corporation Management.
- Develops and conducts regulatory compliance training programs for all applicable Ohkay Casino personnel.
- Reviews compliance and discrepancy reports, Title 31 documentation, statistical reports and a variety of data/documentation generated through daily casino operations to verify accuracy and compliance with established regulatory compliance programs.
- Provides training, guidance, and communication as needed to casino personnel regarding regulatory and internal control requirements, use of Complementary, Title 31, and associated policy and procedures.
- Investigates instances of non-compliance as described above and follow-up to see if corrective actions are performed to facilitate compliance. Performs follow-up investigations for ongoing compliance.
- Sets up filing tracking system for all reports and corrective action documentation for any violations.
- Provides period reports to the casino management on violations and other compliance activities.
- Prepares and files reports required by regulation.
- Ensures sensitive/non-sensitive keys are secured and ensures compliance with all key control standards.
- Examines key authorization, signatory authorization and key control logs and reports discrepancies to casino management.
- Must be professional and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have and maintain valid state-issued operator driver’s license. Individual must be able to work under pressure and the ability to work odd and irregular hours including night and weekend schedules if required. The ability to travel and participate in training as recommended or required. Ability to obtain and maintain an Ohkay Owingeh Gaming License at all times of employment GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS a plus.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Management). Willing to consider five years casino experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Windows mandatory.
- Ability to comprehend regulatory and reporting standards and requirements.
- Ability to develop updated programs/training programs to comply with changing regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of State Compact
- Knowledge of Federal Regulations
- Knowledge of IGRA
- Knowledge of NIGC
- Johnson Act
- BSA/ Title 31 – Compliance and training
- Knowledge and Experience with Internal Audits
- Creation of Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Slot Accounting Systems
- General knowledge of Casino Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 25 pounds.
Ability to work in a Casino environment, in the midst of noise, smoke, crowded situations, etc.
The Payroll Clerk is responsible for the accurate and timely production of payroll and it’s related duties for all Tsay Corporation business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for preparing payroll for employees.
- Pre-audit all data on time cards and time sheets submitted by department managers and verify authenticity of output
- Ensures accurate preparation and balancing of weekly/bi-weekly payroll
- Work with Human Resources Department regarding all new hires, terminations and pay increases.
- Compiles and maintains records for sick leave, annual leave, administrative leave, holiday leave, bonuses, vacation pay, and shortages
- Maintains all employee payroll files
- Ensures accurate reporting of all payroll expenses
- Able to train and assist department managers with payroll related inquiries and questions.
- Must keep confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Other Duties as assigned
Associates degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience in payroll. Computerized payroll functions required. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Able to perform quality work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
Assist Marketing Manager in Property Promotions, Marketing, Social Media and Special Events
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in the development and implementation of Marketing initiatives.
- Maintains departmental inventories and prepares requisitions for office supplies, promotional prizes, tickets, coupons, collateral pieces, advertising specialties, etc insuring cost-effective, operational continuity for promotions, Winners Club and Marketing as a whole.
- Prepares a detailed checklist for all promotions. Coordinates timelines as directed.
- Responsible for marketing department internal coordination with Graphics, Player Development, Winners Club, etc. to insure flawless marketing department execution of promotions, special events and daily operations.
- Coordinates the flow of graphics and all marketing efforts.
- Keep abreast of competition, promotions and marketing so we maintain a stronger competitive edge.
- Work with purchasing, and receiving to ensure marketing inventories and deliveries
- Updates and manage all social media for the Casino
- Creates coupons and offers
- Submit scripts for on-hold messages, slot messages, direct mail and exterior signage in a timely manner
- Prepares and maintains property event calendars.
- Performs additional departmental duties as required.
Must be able to assist in Marketing Coordination and implementation. Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of social media. Must be able to work flexible hours and will answer directly to the Marketing Manager.
AA Degree in business or related field preferred. Relevant Experience considered.
Casino experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Special Events, Promotions and Advertising including Advertising Specialties research and recommendations,
Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Must maintain confidentiality. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Must be a detail oriented, organized team player and problem solver. Must be a self-starter with a can-do approach to problem-solving.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Computers, faxes, telephones, calculators, and audio/visual equipment.
Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
Must be able to balance numerous priorities at once.
Usually will be in an office and/or casino environment; in some instances will work outside for promotional or special events.
Food and Beverage
Individual will provide courteous and friendly service to patrons while maintaining a safe, professional and friendly environment. Will assist customers with information about beverages, will have one (1) year bartending experience. Must have High School Diploma or GED, basic knowledge of mathematics, ability to work with diversified customers, ability to work independently and under customer demands.
Individual must have a friendly attitude and good customer skills with at least 2 years’ experience in a high volume bar or lounge. Individual must be able to calculate and handle money while under pressure. Knowledge of registers and computers required.
Individual must promote and enhance food quality and control service to our patrons while maintains a safe, professional and friendly environment at the Ohkay Casino.
Individual must have two (2) years’ experience cooking experience in a restaurant environment, able to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner items, must be PHS certified and able to work independently. Individual must maintain a clean, profitable and service oriented kitchen. Prepare all food in accordance with health standards. Ensure the buffet is For information regarding the Banquet Server position you may call 505-747-5538kept plentiful, presentable and fill menu order in a timely manner.
Individual must handle the services ware, washing, general cleaning and waste disposal and recycling. Individual must have experience in Restaurant and/or other type of Food and Beverage operations enough to have appropriate knowledge and skill in cleaning, materials handling (i.e. Janitorial chemical) and sanitation. Individual must also be willing to take on the tasks of a Buffet/EDR Runner, Prep/Pantry Cook, Line cook and any other tasks as needed.
Individual will be responsible for handing out drinks to customers in a nice courteous manner. Must also have good customer service.
For information regarding the Banquet Server position you may call 505-747-5580
For information regarding the Banquet Server position you may call 505-747-5580
The individual will be responsible for the implementation of all Banquets Set-Up’s at the Convention Center/Casino, must maintain awareness of deadlines for set up’s for all upcoming banquets/events, and must also be able to work with group sales staff to develop and enhance sales. Individual must have at least one year of experience in food/beverage banquets set up’s and breakdowns. Individual must be 21 years of age or older
Individual will be responsible for the deep cleaning of all Food & Beverage areas
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the efficient and orderly management and administration of the three food outlets and lounge. The Restaurant Manager will operate the food outlets and lounge in accordance with company policy and procedures and at the same time providing and implementing outstanding customer service.
Individual’s must be able to serve the public in a professional and friendly manner and must be able to work in a fast pace environment. Past experience is a plus.
Individual must have three (3) years in management and cashiering. Individual will be responsible for preparing time schedules for employees and supervising restaurant as well as other tasks assigned. Must be able to work all hours and shifts as needed
Individual will be responsible for efficiently managing food production for all assigned areas, will be responsible for producing high quality, attractive products within the budget guidelines and will also be responsible for supervising daily food preparation of all assigned areas.
Individual must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent, plus two years of apprenticeship or technical training in food preparation. Must also have at least three (3) years of working experience in a large food volume establishment including banquets, buffets, specialty restaurants, and coffee shops. A working knowledge of all phases of butchering and baking, plus minimum of two years of food preparation administrative experience. All applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
SLOT TECH II (Full-Time) (21+)
CAGE CASHIER (Full-Time) (21+)
WINNERS CLUB HOST (Part-Time) (21+)
Individual must have an understanding of the gaming environment and be able to develop promotions of every type of game and amenity Ohkay Casino-Resort offers. Individual must also know how to develop special events. Individual must possess good communication skills, computer skills and customer service skills. Will also have high school diploma or equivalent (college degree preferred). And will have Player’s Club management experience with 4 years casino marketing experience required. Must be 21 years of age or older.
Individual must assist customers in any way possible. Must be able to administer good customer service and communication skills. Must maintain a professional attitude and appearance; be friendly, outgoing and energetic. Must keep informed with all upcoming events and individual must be able to deliver information such as drawings, promotions, and announce lucky winners over a P.A. system. Must be able to work weekends, holidays and special events. Must be 21 years of age or older.
This position may fall under the pay range of a Slot Tech I or a Slot Tech II depending on qualifications or skills. The ideal candidate’s will have two (2) years slot experience. Must be multi-tasked and handle multiple situations or gaming device discrepancies as they arise. Individual’s must have a basic understanding of electronics, electrical or have mechanical skills with demonstrated ability to utilize all sorts of power tools, multi-meters, cat V cable tester or toners. Ideal candidate’s will have part ordering experience preferably in the slot machine area. Have a working knowledge of networking, machine set-ups, machine trouble shooting or installation of slot accounting systems. Must be 21 years of age or older.
Individuals must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and promotions. Must be able to work with minimum supervision. Individuals must be able to perform slot machine conversions, installations to include EPROMS and configuration. Individuals must be able to install, configure and trouble shoot slot player tracking system, must also be able to install, configure and troubleshoot progressive systems. Individuals must be 21 years of age or older.
Responsible for the efficient and orderly management and administration of the Slot Department on a daily basis. Also responsible for ensuring all slot machines or gaming devices are functional and tested with correct applicable game settings. Must be very dependable for timely response to calls and be able to work a fluctuating (project demand) schedule.
High School Diploma. Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Slot Technician. (2 of which must be in a higher level slot tech position, or Tech II).
Ticket In Ticket Out (TITO) experience as well as server-based gaming would be beneficial.
Individual must have knowledge of administrative and supervisory techniques, as well as applicable math skills. Must exercise good judgment; be proactive in identifying and resolving all issues. Must present ideas effectively both orally and written.
SECURITY OFFICER (Full-Time) (21+)
HEAVY DUTY CUSTODIAN (Full-Time) (21+)
EVS CUSTODIAN (Full-Time) (21+)
Individual must have experience in law enforcement or any related field. Individual must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license and must be able to work nights, holidays, and weekends.
Individual must have at least three years' experience in a Casino Security setting. Must have prior Casino Security experience as well as a Valid New Mexico Drivers License.
Individual must be able to lift and/or push/pull over 50 lbs. and must be available to work weekends and holidays. Individual will work as needed.
Individual will be responsible for ensuring the Ohkay Casino is kept presentable for our patrons at all times. Individual will be required to lift and/or push 50 lbs or more at times. Must have knowledge of chemicals as well as working with equipment. Must be willing to work in a team setting.
Individual will be responsible for ensuring the Ohkay Casino is kept presentable for our patrons at all times. Individual will be required to lift and/or push 50 lbs times. Must have knowledge of chemicals as well as working with heavy duty equipment. Must be willing to work in a team setting.
Individual must have at least one (1) year experience in a supervisory position. Will supervise 5 or more employees and must do it in a professional manner. Individual must have good communication skills (verbal and written). Individual will be in charge of making schedules and will be required to take on leadership with a good attitude. Knowledge of Chemicals is a plus.
- Must have knowledge in all building, mechanical and electrical codes.
- Responsible for scheduling and distributing work assignments.
- Responsible for the procurement of all materials and equipment.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining the department’s budgets.
- Communications skills both orally and in writing.
- Responsible for the planning and layout of all projects.
- Responsible for assisting and training in all aspects of maintenance employees.
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance needs of the casino and hotel areas.
- Responsible for approval of time and attendance, employee evaluations and leave requests.
- Must be on call twenty four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
Must possess a High School Diploma. Five (5) years of management experience. Experience working with office equipment and computer skills. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must have knowledge of Electronic Control Systems; must have the ability to troubleshoot freezers, icemakers and cooling equipment; Design and layout. Troubleshoot (Solid State Controls), calibration and repair of instrumentation process controls; Motors, Transformers, Solenoid Coils, Furnaces, Utility- Controlled Equipment, Line Starters, solid state controls, Programmable controls, pilot devices, Thermocouples, and wiring diagrams. Must be able to read and interpret construction documents and drawings. Knowledge and ability to cost estimate jobs for material and labor.
Individual must have knowledge in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, construction, carpet laying, cabinetry, tile laying, as well as heating and cooling systems with a total of seven, (7), years experience. Certification in one or all of the above fields preferred. Will be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week and must possess a Valid New Mexico Drivers License.
Individual must have a minimum of five to seven (5-7) years experience in HVAC repair and must possess a current license. Individual must also have knowledge on all aspects of refrigeration systems and heating systems. Individuals must be 21 years of age or older.
Individual will have extensive knowledge of carpentry, drywall, plumbing, electrical, carpet laying, tile work, painting, and concrete. Must have knowledge in heating/ventilation/air conditioning and refrigeration. Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in maintenance and must also possess a valid New Mexico Drivers License. Individual must also be 21 years of age or older.
Individual will be responsible for the Receiving of food trucks, comparing invoices to incoming food and related items where received, rotate and stock items in freezer walk-in and dry storage etc. receiving of incoming fed ex, ups, rps, or other office supply and freight trucks check for damage. Cross reference invoice with purchase order or requisition as well as open package to insure all items where received or other wise may be on back order or just not received. Deliver incoming mail or office supplies to departments or stock in office supply storage. Fill requisitions for food and beverage and deliver. Fill requisitions for office supplies for all departments. Deliver water to department and pick up empties. Sweep and mop dock office supply storage, walk-in and freezer daily keep outside of dock and surrounding area clean. Keep shelves clean and organized in dock office supply storage walk-in and freezer. Weigh meats and necessary fruits and vegetables. Maintain Seville daily logs. Ship out going packages VIA UPS, FED EX, or other freight trucks. Wear proper uniform and steel toe boots or shoes maintain clean and professional appearance. Fill requisitions for gift shop for sodas, cigarettes etc., maintain outside containers, other duties as assigned. Individual must have basic computer knowledge, filing, and date entry experience. Individual must be 21 years of age or older.
Individual must have money handling experience, basic knowledge of mathematics and a 10 key calculator. Previous cashiering experience a plus, must be able to lift/pull 25 lbs., must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must have good verbal and phone communication skills as well as basic knowledge of computers. High school graduate or equivalent required. Must be 21 years of age or older.
Individual must have prior cage cashiering experience, as well as accuracy, and familiarity with cage operations. Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Individual must be able to work extra hours. All applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
Individual must have past Cage supervisor experience, must have knowledge of all areas within the Cage Department as well as good oral and writing skills. Individual must also be willing to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed. All applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
Individual will ensure adherence of the gaming operations with all regulatory requirements through observations via the surveillance CCTV systems. Observes, factually reports his or hers observation in written documentation with video support. Ensures proper protection of company assets in a pro-active manner. Individual must be able to pass a simplified math test, Correctable 20/20 vision. The ideal candidate will have camera knowledge. All applicants must be 21 years of age or older
Individual must have basic knowledge of all casino games and casino operations. Must have the ability to multi-task and appropriately handle multi-projects at once. Individual must have the ability to monitor and record actions via CCTV Monitors and VCRS. Must be 21 years of age or older.
NIGHT AUDITOR (Full-Time) (21+)
Individual must have at least three (3) months prior housekeeping experience. Individual will support guest room attendants in all aspects of housekeeping, including but not limited to vacuuming all public areas of hotel, and maintaining all rooms and areas of Hotel.
Individual will assure that all assigned sections are properly stored with linen and supplies. Supports Guest Room Attendants by providing all supplies needed to complete daily tasks. Maintain cleanliness of all assigned sections and public areas. Responsible for carrying out special cleaning assignments, such as shampooing, as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
Individual must have a High School Diploma. Individual must have Hotel experience, must have a minimum of 1 year experience in front desk, reservations and hospitality. Must be 21 years of age or older.
Individual will be responsible for ordering and receiving items. Must maintain cleaning equipment and assist executive housekeeper when needed. Will monitor the handling and placement of dry goods and chemicals used in hotel. Some heavy lifting is required. A High School Diploma with some accounting is a plus. Must have two years Supervisor or Lead experience.
Individual is responsible for the management of the housekeeping and laundry departments. This includes management of the housekeeping and laundry staff and ensuring that the hotel facilities, guest rooms and public areas, meet all standards related to comfort and aesthetics.
Individual must have a high school diploma or GED. Individual must have at least one (1) year experience and computer knowledge, must have the ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer. Required to perform all functions of front desk, reservations/PBX while providing professional and efficient guest service. Must be cooperative and have a positive attitude. Must be 21 years of age or older.